Udupi Sambar Serving:
For 5 People
- Toor dal /Arhar dal - 150g
- Masoor dal / Split red lentil - 50g
- Chef's Art Sambar Masala - 30g
- Grated coconut - 100g
- Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- to taste - 50g
- Tamarind - 50g
- Drumstick - 100g
- Pumpkin - 100g
- Brinjal - 100g
- Peeled small onions - 100g
- Tomato - 100g
- Slit Green chillies - 2
- Coriander leaves chopped - for garnish
Instructions SUGGESTED RECIPE FOR CHEF'S ART SAMBAR MASALA
- Boil toor dal and masoor dal along with green chillies , turmeric and salt with enough water.
- When Dal is cooked properly , Mash dal with masher or Blend after cooling, and keep a side.
- Heat oil separately, add peeled whole small Onions sauté till translucent, add tomatoes and sauté till tomatoes are soft.
- Add cut vegetables and sauté till soft, add Chefs Art sambar masala,Chilli powder , mashed dal with water , jaggery and tamarind pulp.
- Allow it to boil for 10 minutes, add grated coconut cook further for 5 minutes.
- Check salt, add if needed.
- Tempering : Heat oil add Mustard when splutters, add fenugreek , curry leaves and red chillies.
- Pour on top of the sambar while boiling , Sprinkle Asafotida and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
We are using Food Service India's bakery products and sprinklers from a long time. The products are great in quality and consistency.
Pizza dough mix gives great texture in pizza and bread. Oregano spice sprinkler gives great taste and aroma.
- Chander Baweja +
Chef's Art Chicken Broth Powder has helped us to standardise our recipes and provide consistent taste to our dishes every time. I happily recommend Food Service India's broth mixes for every Chinese kitchen.
- Chef Lenam Lepcha +